- Tier 1 Construction & Water Utilities contractor
- Pump Stations / Treatment Plants / Pipeline Projects / Sydney Water
- 10 year construction and maintenance program in Sydney’s West region
We are seeking an experienced Programme Controls Data Analyst & PowerBi Reporting Lead to join the West Region Delivery Team on this long term frameworks contract (10-year construction and maintenance program) in western Sydney.
This role is to assure and ensure the integrity of project time, cost and quality data across the project controls, project management, and finance disciplines and to develop project controls PowerBI reports that are accurate and cohesive across such disciplines and generated in a timely manner.
The role holder is responsible for enforcing best project control practices amongst the users in support of the Program Controls Manager and is expected to take responsibility for the overall accuracy of information produced by the team members.
- Ensuring accuracy, integration and validity of data reported across project controls (cost, schedule, bid proposals, risk, performance baseline management / change control), and provide assurance of accuracy of actual cost performance data and schedule progress in relation to Finance and Project Management disciplines, respectively.
- Assess, report and resolve data integrity / accuracy issues
- Take responsibility for the integrity of data mapped into Project Controls reports and software (InEight)
- Responsible for enforcing best project control practices
- Providing guidance to the Project Controls Team, Project Managers and Finance team in terms of accuracy or integrity of data
- Maintain a single source of truth, to enable a transparent view of the program and inform decision making
- Provide guidance and assessment of Sydney Water program planning data and the WRDT Baseline Master Programme
- Ensuring appropriate Work Breakdown Structures and Cost Breakdown structures are maintained with a consistent approach across the Program, from estimate, schedule, through to actual cost capture and forecasting]
- Accountable for ensuring appropriate/accurate performance measurement standards are applied in the project programmes through the use of agreed Rules of Credit
- Develop project controls reports that are robust and accurate, and integrate data across the project controls and project management disciplines, and generated in a timely manner.
- Ensure all contributors provide their inputs into the reporting process in a prescribed manner, accurately and within the deadlines
What you will need
- Industry-recognised Project Management and/or Project Controls Qualification
- Established Project Controls and Project Management experience
- Reporting expertise
- Interpersonal skills to liaise with internal team members
- Leadership skills to mentor and motivate employees and to be a role model within the business
- Organisational skills to prioritise work to meet business and project delivery needs
- Well-developed analytical skills to understand project progress reports, programmes, and cost data
- Highly developed problem solving and negotiation skills to resolve disputes that arise
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills to interact with a broad range of audiences at all levels
- Essential: PowerBi Expert, Primavera P6 expertise, Project Management Techniques (EVM), Project Cost Forecasting / Accounting
- Preferred: ERP knowledge and experience
If you have experience in this area and are willing to contribute as part of a high performing team with a positive attitude, this is a perfect role for you.
In return we will offer you a competitive remuneration package, opportunities to work on exciting projects as part of the 10 year program of work, with a team of accomplished professionals to enhance your career.
These are permanent staff positions with long term development opportunities across all of our businesses (we are not seeking short term contractors).
Sound like you?
If you would like to help build on our collaborative and integrated culture, then we would like to hear from you.
Applicants must be Australian residents and have unrestricted working rights to be considered for these roles.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake a National Police Check, Company Medical and Drug & Alcohol Screen prior to commencement.
Indigenous applicants and women are encouraged to apply, as we pride ourselves on being a diverse and inclusive team.
No agency referrals will be accepted.