We are seeking an experienced Civil Estimator to join the West Region Delivery Team on a long term framework contract (10-year construction and maintenance program) in western Sydney, based at Sydney Olympic Park.
This role will be a permanent appointment and will be responsible for cost estimating water infrastructure and utilities projects with a strong mechanical component.
You will be responsible for the management and creation of detailed cost estimated/plans that accurately reflect the conditions of the contract, plans and specifications; monitoring and updating the construction programs on the projects and providing guidance where necessary to the engineering staff in their programming/cost requirements
- Sitting with the client at the front end developing projects from their infancy
- Cost Planning; developing the project budgets as the designs develops, ensuring the final designs are on budget
- Ensuring Cost estimate alignment with the Sydney Water Cost Breakdown Structure
- Ensuring sign-off and submission of all TOC documentation to the client, including Contract Data.
- Working directly with Project Management team and design partners, assessing cost/benefits of design options
- A strong understanding of codes and compliance to ensure the design elements satisfy the brief, constructability, program and quality requirements
- Managing and reviewing cost and design variations, scope changes, and assisting with pricing as required
- Identifying key design risks or opportunities
- Working with all levels of key stakeholders including clients, consultants, designers, subcontractors or suppliers as required during a projects critical start-up phase
What You'll Need
- You will need a Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying or similar, along with experience in the design & construction industry in a comparable role.
- Needs to demonstrate min 5 years estimating experience, work in a fast paced team environment.
- Demonstrate experience in pipe laying, civil and structural construction, understanding and interpretation of concept documentation, including scope of works, preliminary design and ability to work in a design and construct environment.
- Advanced experience in Estimating/Cost Planning, Risk Identification and Value Engineering, with knowledge and experience of large, complex M&E infrastructure projects such Water Treatment Plants, Pumping Stations and industrial structures.
If you have experience in this area and are willing to contribute as part of a high performing team with a positive attitude, this is a perfect role for you.
In return we will offer you a competitive remuneration package, opportunities to work on exciting projects with a team of accomplished professionals to enhance your career
These are permanent staff positions with long term development opportunities across all of our businesses (we are not seeking short term contractors).
Apply now by following the links and providing your CV, confidentiality is assured.
Applicants must be Australian residents and have unrestricted working rights to be considered for these roles.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake a National Police Check, Company Medical and Drug & Alcohol Screen prior to commencement.
No agency referrals will be accepted