- Tier 1 Construction & Water Utilities contractor
- Permanent role with career progression
- 10 year capital works programs with Sydney Water
Due to new projects we are seeking an experienced and motivated Construction/engineering Surveyor to be part of our innovative, dynamic, and growing Surveying team.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced or Junior Surveyor, to commence employment ASAP on this long term frameworks contract in western Sydney. This role will report to the Survey Manager, and is a key permanent staff role.
You will have the ability to build strong relationships and networks with key stakeholders whilst working collaboratively across a diverse and complex environment. You will be resilient, adaptable and someone who is comfortable making decisions and taking the initiative.
You will be responsible for
- The management of daily survey records
- General set out and conformances
- Liaising and planning of site survey requirements with project staff
- Ensuring the most up to date data is being communicated to site teams and GPS guided machinery
- Integrating with the Design and Construction teams to support on multiple work fronts, from pegging out alignments, surveying construction layouts, supporting with WAC and other survey related tasks
- Leading a culture of safety and productivity across multiple projects
The role requires strong influencing skills, innovation and resilience. We have an existing vibrant and dynamic team that is proud to partner with Sydney Water and the communities within which we operate.
Whilst you will be based at the Prospect Reservoir Construction HO there will be an ongoing need to travel to the various project sites and satellite offices within Western Sydney.
What we need from you
- Tertiary/TAFE Survey qualifications
- A minimum of 1 year of experience, preferably in the utilities sector (Water, Power and Gas)
- Solid understanding of 12D and 12D field
- Competent with Leica instrumentation 1200, Viva or TS15/16
- Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise works and work autonomously to deliver the outcomes
- Proven commitment to safety, quality and environmental compliance on site
- Good problem solving expertise
- Affinity for continuous improvement and innovation, applying learnings to ‘real world’ project delivery environments.
- Alignment with our values of Respect, Energy & Effort, Attitude & Leadership
On offer you will receive a competitive remuneration package (plus vehicle), opportunities to work on exciting projects, with a team of accomplished professionals to enhance your career.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like and you would like to help build on our collaborative and integrated culture, then we would like to hear from you.
Applicants must be Australian residents and have unrestricted working rights to be considered for this role.