- Tier 1 Construction & Water Utilities contractor
- Pump Stations / Treatment Plants / Pipeline Projects / Sydney Water
- 10 year construction and maintenance program in Sydney’s West
We are seeking an experienced Cost Controller to join the West Region Delivery Team on this long term frameworks contract (10-year construction and maintenance program) in western Sydney.
This role will be a permanent appointment to the team overseeing the cost control functions for water utility capital projects in the western suburbs.
- Reporting to the Programme Controls Manger, you will be responsible for the reporting, management, administration and maintenance of project costs provided by the Finance function.
- You will produce cost reports, work with the Risk Coordinator in managing project risks and assist the project team in extracting and analysing cost information, ensuring schedule and cost phasing data are aligned.
- You will be supporting the development of effective trend management and productivity measurements/metrics and will be responsible for implementation and monitoring of these metrics, providing feedback on performance against these productivity measures over time, to optimise decision making, and measuring and reporting on the status of work packages.
What you will need
- A Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying or similar, along with experience in the design & construction industry in a comparable role
- Qualifications in project management (advanced diploma desirable)
- Proven commercial acumen and excellent communications skills
- Extensive demonstrated analytical skills with ability to draw and interpret relevant consistent data from multiple sources and present information in clear concise reports. An analytical and critical thinker who can look beyond the question to identify the real problem
- Extensive experience in cost management and project cost controls
- Advanced Excel, Word and Power Point skills (VBA is a bonus)
- Data Visualization (PowerBI is a bonus)
This role will be based in our operations centre at Sydney Olympic Park.
If you have experience in this area and are willing to contribute as part of a high performing team with a positive attitude, this is a perfect role for you.
In return we will offer you a competitive remuneration package, opportunities to work on exciting projects as part of the 10 year program of work, with a team of accomplished professionals to enhance your career.
These are permanent staff positions with long term development opportunities across all of our businesses (we are not seeking short term contractors).
Sound like you?
If you would like to help build on our collaborative and integrated culture, then we would like to hear from you.
Applicants must be Australian residents and have unrestricted working rights to be considered for these roles.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake a National Police Check, Company Medical and Drug & Alcohol Screen prior to commencement.
Indigenous applicants and women are encouraged to apply, as we pride ourselves on being a diverse and inclusive team.
No agency referrals will be accepted.